Friday, April 22, 2011

Goodbye, Friendly

The beloved, most known Wizard101 blogger, The Friendly Necromancer, is taking a "break".

I don't want to call it "leaving".

This post comes directly from his blog:

Monday, April 18, 2011

Times, They Be Changing!

Dear readers,

It is time for a change.

I have made the decision that I will no longer be keeping a daily blog about Wizard101 (things haven't really been "daily" here at all lately anyway). It's been a great two years and eight months writing about Wizard101, accumulating 1,260 blog posts and a whole ton of comments from my amazing readers.

It's been a lot of fun that's even led to a couple trips to Austin to meet the fine people of KingsIsle, who I appreciate deeply. Without their generosity, The Friendly Necromancer could not have held all the raffles that we had. KI is a great company with outstanding employees. This blog has been yet another interesting highlight in my life. We've had a lot of fun! If you're coming late to the party, read through this post for kind of a road map to how we came to this point in time.

If you head to the fansite page for Wizard101, you'll see that things are now on equal footing as I am not really acting as a community leader for Wizard101 anymore, but I'm still on the list. :) I'm not completely abandoning Wizard101. I still play it, and my family still enjoys it. I just finished up an article about it for Beckett's Fun Online Games this morning. I still have Angus to finish leveling. Et Cetera . . . you'll still see me around. :)

I am, however, taking a break while I gather some new ideas as I try to figure out a new direction. The format of this blog may change or may become part of something grander. At this point I don't plan on completely discontinuing posts about Wizard101, but it won't be at the rate that it was for so long. If I do end up writing on another blog, I will definitely leave a link somewhere for the TFN faithful to check out.

The content on this site will remain up and free for all in the meantime.

Thanks so much for your understanding, and I wish you all the best.

Peace.

Happy Dueling!

You will be missed, Friendly.

I'm currently working on a goodbye tribute picture and video for him. If you have any screenshots of your wizard with Friendly, any pictures with Friendly in them, drawings, etc. please e-mail them to me! E-mail the pics to nataliemoonblade@gmail.com. There are no limits to the amount pictures you can send. They will be used in the video tribute.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean and appropriate, and no spam. Thank you for commenting :)